Lymphedema is swelling caused by a build-up of lymph fluid under your skin from lymphatic system blockage.
Lymphedema Management Program at Oasis Therapy focuses on
- Lymphedema risk reduction
- Treatment of the lymphatic system in early stages
- Lymphedema management of existing conditions
- Lymphedema education
- Compression garments fitting for maintenance phase
We offer complete decongestive therapy (CDT) which is the internationally recognized gold standard treatment system of lymphedema. Applied correctly by a skilled lymphedema therapist, CDT shows excellent long term results in both primary and secondary lymphedema.
Components of CDT include Manual lymphatic drainage, Compression, Skin care and Decongestive exercises
At Oasis Therapy, we offer cancer rehabilitation programs in all phases of treatment and survivorship. Oncology rehabilitation includes post-surgery care, post- radiation care and rehabilitation during chemotherapy.
Our skilled physical therapy sessions can help with pain, swelling, loss of function, cording, scar tissue, fibrosis, weakness, fatigue, restricted range of motion etc. We also offer services that will help you integrate back to home, work and recreational activities.
- All Breast Surgeries (Including Breast Reconstructive Surgeries)
- All Cancer Related Surgeries
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgeries
- Radiation Therapy Management
- Oncology Based Exercise Program
- Cancer Related Secondary Lymphedema Management and Risk Mitigation
- Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy and Fall Prevention
We use a comprehensive approach to treating your spinal condition. At Oasis Therapy, an individualized plan of care is made for every client following an initial evaluation and will receive a postural analysis and education on your spinal condition and individualized instruction for self-maintenance.
Patient education is a critical component of treatment. It is essential for you to understand your condition so that you can use that information to help yourself in the recovery process. Patient education includes anatomy, body mechanics and return to functional activities.
Commonly treated spinal conditions:
- Disc bulges/herniation
- Spinal stenosis
- Joint stiffness
- Radicular symptoms
- Pre- and post- surgical
- Sacroiliac (si joint) dysfunction
- Neck/back strain
- Postural dysfunction
Post Surgical rehabilitation
We utilize a hands-on approach to recovery from major surgeries. Using a rehabilitation program following a major surgery can allow you to recover quicker and face fewer post-surgery complications.
We help you to:
- Learn how to perform your everyday tasks after surgery
- Manage any pain following surgery
- Regain mobility in affected area
- Improve flexibility and strength
Orthopedic Physical Therapy is specialization in treatment of injuries of the bones, ligaments and muscles. Following the results of your evaluation, a personalized plan of care will be designed to help you meet your individual recovery needs. Together, we will establish clear goals and begin treatment that will be most effective to your specific injury.
Our physical therapy treatment sessions include patient education, manual techniques, customized exercise programs, and modalities such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat/ice and biofeedback. Through these treatments and exercises, physical therapy can efficiently and effectively strengthen your body, reduce pain and prevent future injury.
We provide customized one-on-one care that helps children with developmental, neuromuscular and orthopedic conditions to improve their strength, balance, coordination and motor skills and thereby restore and enhance their development and enable them to participate in desired age appropriate family, community and school-based activities.
Our pediatric physical therapy programs can provide significant benefits for:
- Gross motor skill deficits
- Limitations of range of motion and strength
- Balance and coordination difficulties
- Orthotic fitting and training
- Toe walking
- Genetic syndromes (Down syndrome, muscular dystrophy)
- Cerebral palsy
- Developmental delays
- General orthopedic injuries
- Low back pain or poor posture
- Post-fracture care
- Sports-related pain or injury rehabilitation